This is article title
What is web hosting? Web hosting is based on the premise that there is a service provider (called the web host) who provides the technologies needed for an organization or individual to post a website or web page in the internet. That act of the web host in allowing the individual or company to post to the internet is what is called web hosting. Hosted websites are stored in special computers called servers.
What are the Different Web Hosting Services
There are different web hosting services that you may want from a service provider.
There are different web hosting services that you may want from a service provider.
Here, the host shares the server with a number of website owners. Since the costs are shared, this type of hosting is relatively cheap. The downside though is that if the other websites who share the server with you has a lot of traffic, chances are your website could shut down.
Reseller Web Hosting
If you plan to resell web space to other users, then this is your thing. Aside from getting hosted on a server, you get additional perks that enable you to manager your web hosting business.
Cloud Based Web Hosting
Here, the web hosts uses a number of servers so it acts like a very big server. This type of web hosting can accommodate a lot of traffic thus lessening the possibilities of shutdown.
- Virtual Private Server. This type of web hosting works like shared web hosting where several websites use the same server. The difference though is that the customer is guaranteed CPU and memory RAM so that your website use is not affected by the other use of other website owners sharing the same server with you.
- Dedicated web server. This only means that you are renting one whole server to cater to your business’ needs. You can gain full control (“root” permissions) if you wish. A dedicated server ensures that you will not be experiencing slowdowns even with high traffic. However, with the resources that the host allocates to you, it could also be one of the most expensive hosting services you can get. It may also come to a point, however, when your business will enable you to purchase a server of your own. Even with this though, you may have to get the services of a system administrator to attend to the technical details of operating the server.
- Colocation Web hosting. In this type of web hosting, you only rent a place where you can put your hardware (servers and all) and you just pay for the rent of the place, the power, the cooling, security, and internet uplink. All other matters with regard to operations and repairs of the servers, including data storage and back-up, will be the responsibility of the owner of the server.
- Self Service Web Hosting. The only difference of this fro Colocation web hosting is that you provide for your data center space so you do away with space rental. Thus, aside from operating your servers, you have to provide cooling and security measures to safeguard your server as well as provide for back-ups to ensure data integrity.
- Managed WordPress Hosting. WordPress is a content management software that is used exensively by a number of big businesses as it is flexible and easy to use. WordPress can be used to run blogs and even e-commerce businesses and can come with forums and private messaging. The role of the web host in this type of service is to keep your installation up-to-date and protect your website from being hacked.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Web Hosting Service for Your Business
As you are running a business, you would want to keep your costs down. However, this should not be at the expense of exposing your business to threats that could eventually ruin what you have already put up. Thus, you would have to carefully study the differences and advantages of choosing one web host vs. another.
If you are just starting your business, of course, cost would be top of mind. Chances are you will consider the route of shared webhosting. However, well aware of the “surprises” that come with shared webhosting, coupled with your vision to grow your business, you find other options that would serve your needs without necessarily eating up on your profits.
Advantages of choosing VPS:
- You get root access and the ability to use scripts, which is usually not allowed in shared hosting. Root access is a shared advantage with dedicated servers. And because you can get VPS at almost the same cost as shared services, you can never go wrong with VPS.
- VPS packages operate in containers and are thus less vulnerable to uptime issues caused by malicious codes and such other problems brought about by sharing the same server.
- With VPS, you may either increase or decrease your resources depending on your needs.
Disadvantages of VPS:
- VPN is expensive. Because you are guaranteed space and memory, you have to pay the corresponding costs of the guaranteed space as these are allocated only for your exclusive use. It is also because of this that you might be paying for space that you do not need as when you have over-estimated use and thus committed to a higher subscription.
- Resources are limited relative to Dedicated Hosting. Your resources are only as much as you have subscribed to.
Although there are advantages of VPS over shared web hosting, the disadvantages like cost and limited resources are still something that needs to be looked into.
Cloud VPS Hosting? (Siteground)
Although Siteground has never mentioned having VPS, it has in truth one but had marketed it as a VPS-like product that has the advantages of a VPS coupled with cloud hosting advantages.
Because of this, additional benefits accrued to the users as follows:
- Custom auto-scaling (set limits-see plans [https://www.siteground.com/web-hosting.htm] create hyperlink for this URL) of RAM and CPU thus avoiding downtimes during heavy traffic
- The system allows for instant resource scaling of resources without the need for reboot; downtimes are thus prevented even during deployment.
- The enhanced features results to increased website speeds.
Dedicated Web Servers
If you need more power and control over your website, then the option of getting a Dedicated Web Host would be one of your best options.
The following are the advantages of getting a dedicated web host:
- Since resources are not shared, problems you experience on shared servers as clogging of server’s CPU and RAM will not be experienced anymore.
- Ensures optimum efficiency and data safety. When your website receives a lot of traffic, you would not want to suffer from down times. A dedicated server ensures uninterrupted operation of your business’ website. In addition, you will not have to worry about sharing space with either a malicious website or a potential spammer
- A dedicated server is flexible in that you can customize your server according to your needs not only for CPU and RAM but also for disk space and software
- You get a unique IP address that is required when you are processing transactions that require the use of an SSL as when you are accepting credit card payments. An SSL ensures that all data passed between the servers and the browsers remain private and integral.
- Users of dedicated web hosts do away with 2 major expenses: the overhead for buying the server, and the maintenance costs that is otherwise provided by the dedicated web host.
With the above advantages though, there is a big cost that is attached and dedicated web hosting could prove to be the most expensive of all web hosting services. However, the flexibility that it allows you to customize your server according to your needs plus the security that you get working on your dedicated server are good reasons enough for you to choose dedicated hosting.
Cloud vs Dedicated Servers
Dedicated servers are undeniably the best option for a web hosting solution to a growing business. Because resources are not shared, the website is not exposed to performance and security problems beset by those who share servers. However, to get a dedicated server host could be very costly and could eat up a sizeable amount of the business’ profit. Thus, for businesses whose needs cannot be addressed by shared servers but have limited funds to get the services of a dedicated web host, using cloud hosting could be a feasible solution.
Who May Benefit from Cloud Hosting?
Cloud hosting may be used for different kinds of applications but are most preferred in the following specific cases:
- When there is a need for the use of plenty of resources in terms of RAM, CPU, and /or time to run applications.
- Cloud hosting ensures that there are enough resources for to cover growing requirements: e.g. forums that number in the hundreds of thousands and who have also a big number of users gaining access simultaneously can easily be serviced without problems
- Applications requiring special configurations on the server can be configured using the cloud to address specific user requirements.
What are the advantages of using cloud hosting?
- Cost Effective. Users are able to manager cost, that is, you are not bogged down spending on capital expenditures and upgrades. Additionally, by identifying the resources you need and estimating usage of these resources, you are able to maximize use of resources and minimize costs.
- Cloud computing enables you to catch up with the demand requirements of your business and adjust capacity up or down while paying only for what you subscribe.
- Maintenance Free. You just mind your business and leave the IT side of your business to be taken cared by your cloud host. Aside from monitoring your IT infrastructure and ensuring safety of your data, they can provide solutions and give you expert advice on how to keep your system running as your business grows.
- With the cloud infrastructure, you are able to run projects in an instant and make them work fast so that you are always ahead of your competitors.
- Businesses have to strictly comply with regulatory and compliance regulations in addition to protecting your business against revenue loss as well as brand integrity. Your cloud host provider will make sure that tools are in place to limit breaches in security and will work with you to help you address your compliance requirements.
- Environment friendly. The energy efficient technology of cloud hosting helps reduce carbon footprint.
- Cloud hosting enables your user to access data at anytime using any device (either mobile or wearable). This enabling capability gives user more control of his data as he can access these to make decisions at the flick of a device. Best Cloud Hosts for 2017
It does not mean though that cloud computing is for all infrastructures. Admittedly, there are old applications that were designed to run on dedicated servers and although it may be possible to move this to cloud, it would have to take a considerable amount of work. Also, if your business has high security requirements, a dedicated server can provide the highest levels of compliance. Again, this does not mean though that this cannot be achieved using cloud computing.
Managed WordPress Hosting: Advantages
At this point in your business, you may well have decided that it is much too much of a gamble to go shared hosting as competition is just too tight for you to lose clients because of dowtimes and other technical issues that often accompany shared hosting. But then you wonder: why is managed wordpress hosting so expensive? Is the cost enough to justify the services I get? Do I really get ahead? What then are the advantages of choosing managed wordpress hosting?
Managed WordPress Hosting can be likened to a “concierge service” where all the technical aspects of running Worpress is managed by the host. The host takes care of managing the speed, security, WordPress updates, back-ups, uptime and ensures that the hosting service is able to meet the increased traffic without the program crashing.
WordPress hosting as a service came about because WordPress has been the language of choice of businesses and with its popularity (being used by at least 25 % of businesses), there grew a need for a host to attend to the technical aspect of running the program so as not to hamper business. WordPress is considered to be the best website for blogging, providing clients the necessary platform not only to reach out to clients but also the technical support needed to produce user friendly and compelling websites.
The best thing about managed WordPress hosting is that you get to be supported by a team of WordPress experts, not just some technical guys who troubleshoot based on a manual. This is what distinguishes managed WordPress hosting from other hosting services.
Although you might say that there would be no question about choosing managed web hosting as your preferred hosting service, it doesn’t necessarily mean that there are no downsides to choosing it.
- Managed WordPress hosting average price of about $29.00 is definitely much more than the $3.95 for a shared hosting. But when factoring in the cost of a system admin with shared hosting, you definitely will be way ahead with managed WordPress hosting.
- Limitations: Managed WordPress Hosting only runs WordPress. In addition, there are some plug-ins that your host would block as it would slow down your site.
- Lesser Control. With somebody managing the site for you, you are just informed of changes and do not have control of these.
When Do You Use Managed WordPress Hosting?
What would dictate whether or not you need managed WordPress Hosting is your business’ actual need and available resources. If you are just starting your business and would want to go WordPress, you may initially try shared webhosting. Take note though that with the latter, you take care of all the technical aspects of hosting so that even if just starting and no one is capable of managing your website, then a managed WordPress host is of no question.
Best Managed Word Press Hosting (2017) [https://www.codeinwp.com/blog/best-wordpress-hosting/
E-Mail Hosting Service for Small Businesses
An often overlooked aspect of a business is its ability to connect to customers at anytime. Your domain could benefit much from an efficient and professional e-mail platform so that you can access your e-mail from any device and address your customers’ concerns at once. Although some hosting plans offer free e-mail, it is important that you receive only the important e-mails, have auto responders so customers are aware that their messages have been received, and that you are able to have a number of addresses to differentiate your businesses. Check the following for the recommendations on the best e-mail hosting service.
Related: Best E-mail Hosting Services
Having been provided with the best web hosting reviews on the various web hosting services, you now ask what is the best web hosting service for your business? There are 5 major items that you have to consider when you choose your web host provider:
- Back-up. A good web host provider ensures that content is easily accessible and retrievable should your website get attacked. Your host should have the ability to get your system up and running quickly in no time.
- This should be top of mind as your customer’s private information should not be compromised so trust is not lost.
- Accessibility of Value-adding information. Your web host provider must be able to provide you documentation/on-demand reports that will enable you to make decisions anywhere using the latest of technologies. (BYOD)
- Customer Support. Your service provider host must not only be available 24/7 to support your needs: vital also is the speed within which each ticket or issue is addressed. (Check web hosts for typical waiting times)
- Your host provider should be flexible such that it is able to address your customers’ requirements as your business grows. Thus, you would want that your host provider to guarantee closer to 99.9% uptime.
Your decision as to the best web hosting service for your business will really depend on your business specific needs. Within the article, we have provided you with a listing of the top providers for each of the services. Just remember to keep the above 5 items in mind when making your decision and you definitely cannot go wrong.